Fátima attracts millions of pilgrims and tourists each year, as it is considered one of the most important Catholic shrines in the world dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Located about an hour and a half north of Lisbon, it is a popular day trip for visitors.
The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima is built at the site of the apparitions of the Virgin Mary to three shepherd children in 1916. It was consecrated in 1953, and today it welcomes about 4 million pilgrims each year. The Sanctuary is comprised of a number of buildings, including the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the Chapel of Apparitions, which is built on the site that the Virgin Mary instructed the children to build the chapel. The chapel houses the tombs of the children, Lúcia, Jacinta and Francisco.
Your guide/driver will pick you up at your hotel to begin your 8 hour private tour. A suggested itinerary for the tour includes the following visits:
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fátima
- Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary
- Chapel of Apparitions
- Church of the Most Holy Trinity
The private tour can be customized to meet your specific interests. There will be time during the day to have lunch.
2018 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-3 People in a Sedan
- US $410 – Daily (start time from 9:30am to 3:00pm)
Tour price for 4-7 People in a Minivan
- US $615 – Daily (start time from 9:30am to 3:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide/driver with transportation for 8 hours
- Price does not include meals or entrance fees (if any), which are extra
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Portuguese law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Note: Guide/driver is not authorized to conduct tours inside of monuments or museums.
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Santuário de Fátima · All rights reserved.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.