There are a number of wonderful places located within an hour of Lisbon that make for a perfect day trip outside of the city.
One day trip to add to your Lisbon itinerary includes visits to the historic towns of Queluz and Sintra, along with the charming Portuguese Riviera town of Estoril. These areas were popular places for royals, aristocrats and film stars to spend their luxurious holidays.
The palace in Queluz started out as the royal family’s estate and hunting lodge, and was later converted into a grander summer palace. Sintra is home to the Palácio Nacional de Pena, a stunning palace that overlooks the city. Estoril is well known for its casino and sandy beaches.
Your guide/driver will pick you up at your hotel to begin your 8 hour private tour. A suggested itinerary for the tour can include the following stops/visits:
- Pass through Queluz, home to the Queluz Palace
- Visits to the historic center of Sintra and its iconic Pena Palace
- Panoramic stop in Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point in Europe
- Drive through the well known landscapes and beaches on the coast of the Portuguese Riviera, including the beautiful beach in Guincho, the cosmopolitan fishing village of Cascais, and the fashionable town of Estoril, with its famous casino
During the day there will be time to stop for lunch. On the way back to Lisbon you will drive along the panoramic road that connects Estoril and Lisbon. The private tour can be customized to meet your specific interests.
2018 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-3 People in a Sedan
- US $360 – Daily (start time from 9:30am to 3:00pm)
Tour price for 4-7 People in a Minivan
- US $520 – Daily (start time from 9:30am to 3:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide/driver with transportation for 8 hours
- Price does not include meals or entrance fees (if any). which are extra
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Portuguese law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Note: Guide/driver is not authorized to conduct tours inside of monuments or museums.
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved. Photo of Pena Palace.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.