El Escorial is an impressive monastery and palace that is located about an hour’s drive northwest of Madrid in the town of San Lorenzo de El Escorial. The UNESCO World Heritage Site was commissioned by King Felipe II to showcase the power of the Spanish monarchy. The massive complex has nearly 15 miles of corridors, and was the largest building in the world building for many years after it was completed. El Escorial is also the burial site for most of the Spanish kings of the last five centuries.
On this 6 hour private tour you will be met by your guide at your hotel in Madrid to begin your day trip to El Escorial. You will travel by taxi to the Moncloa bus station, and board a bus for the 50 minute ride to El Escorial. When you arrive, the palace is a short 5 minute walk from the bus station.
Your visit to El Escorial will include the Monastery, Pantheon of Kings, and the Royal Library. Your guide will customize the tour to include the sites that are of most interest to you.
Please note that El Escorial is closed on Mondays.
2018 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
- US $535 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00am – 2:00pm)
- US $590 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00am – 2:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 6 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees, transportation costs (train tickets/taxi), or meals (if any), which are extra
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: Turismo Madrid Consorcio Turístico
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.