Located just an hour north of Madrid, the enchanting city of Segovia is a perfect day trip from Madrid. This UNESCO World Heritage Site provides visitors with a wide array of historic sites to see, including a Roman aqueduct built in the 1st C. that is considered one of the Roman Empire’s most impressive works of engineering, a 16th C. Gothic cathedral that was the last one built in Spain, and a 12th C. castle that looks like it came straight out of a fairy tale.
The city is also well known for its cuisine and some signature dishes include giant broad beans from La Granja, Sopa Castellana (garlic soup), and roast suckling pig and lamb. Cochinillo Asado (roast suckling pig) is one of Spain’s quintessential dishes, and many will say that the best place to have it is in Segovia.
On this 8 hour private tour you will be met by your guide at your hotel in Madrid to begin your trip with private transportation to Segovia. A suggested itinerary includes visits to the following sites:
- Roman Aqueduct
- Alcázar Castle
- Gothic Cathedral
- La Muralla (ramparts)
- Iglesia de Vera Cruz
- Iglesia San Esteban
- Iglesia de San Martín
- Judería (Jewish Quarter) and the old Main Synagogue
- Plaza Mayor
- Casa de los Picos
Your guide will customize the tour to include the sites that are of most interest to you. There will be time during the day to have lunch.
2018 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-2 People in a Sedan
- US $1,235 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- US $1,350 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
Tour price for 3-6 People in a Minivan
- US $1,310 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- US $1,425 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide for 8 hours
- Price includes a private vehicle with driver for 8 hours in a Mercedes E Class Sedan or Mercedes Minivan. Driver’s meal is included in the price.
- Price does not include meals or entrance fees (if any), which are extra
- There is a supplement required for the guide’s meal. Client can either invite the guide to lunch, or pay them 25 Euros during the tour.
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Spanish law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: Bernard Gagnon
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.