Barcelona is a vibrant city with a long history that dates all the way back to its founding as the Roman settlement of Barcino. Walking through the narrow, winding streets of the historic Gothic Quarter, it’s easy to get transported back to medieval times when this small Roman village was just starting to flourish. The city is also well known for the iconic buildings of famed architect Antonio Gaudí, who left his indelible mark on the city with his unique version of Modernist architecture.
No visit to Barcelona would be complete without visiting Gaudí’s still unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia Church, and walking through the cobblestone streets of the historic Gothic Quarter. This tour is designed to give you a historical, cultural and artistic overview of Barcelona, by visiting two of the city’s “must see” landmarks.
Choose from either a 4 hour or a 5 hour private tour of Barcelona. All tours can be customized to meet your specific interests. The visit to the Sagrada Familia takes about 1.5 – 2 hours, which leaves from 2.5 – 3.5 hours for the walking tour through the Gothic Quarter (depending on which tour length is selected).
The following is a suggested itinerary:
- Begin tour at the Sagrada Familia, Gaudí’s best known masterpiece. You will bypass the entrance line (see note below regarding entrance tickets) and tour the interior of the church with your guide. The visit takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete (2 hours if the towers are included).
- With the time remaining, take a taxi to continue the tour walking through the Gothic Quarter, where you can choose from these sites to visit:
- Plaça Nova – where the city was born
- Jewish Quarter (the Call) and the historic Major Synagogue dating back to 1391
- Plaça Sant Jaume – site of the current City Hall
- Plaça del Rei, Plaça Reial, Plaça de l’Angel
- Temple d’August
- Palau Reial, the Plaza and the Palau del Lloctinent
- Basílica de la Mercé
- Basílica de Santa María del Pi
Your guide will customize the tour to include the sites that are of most interest to you.
Please note that the Sagrada Familia requires entrance tickets, and ticket sales are limited to a certain number of visitors per day. The tours do not include entrance tickets, so we highly recommend that you let us know if you would like to include the cost of the tickets in the tour so they can be purchased in advance.
There are 2 types of tickets offered at the Sagrada Familia: Church only, or Church and Towers. For more information on the types of tickets available for the Sagrada Familia, click here.
2018 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
4 hour tour:
- US $375 – Monday through Friday – Daytime (start time from 8:00am to 5:45pm)
- US $445 – Monday through Friday – Evening (start time from 6:00pm to 8:00pm)
- US $445 – Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (start time from 8:00am to 8:00pm)
5 hour tour:
- US $460 – Monday through Friday – Daytime (start time from 8:00am to 5:45pm)
- US $550 – Monday through Friday – Evening (start time from 6:00pm to 8:00pm)
- US $550 – Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (start time from 8:00am to 8:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for the number of hours specified
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, Catalán, French, Italian and Portuguese
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: Hyeong il Choi
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.