Art lovers don’t have to venture far in Madrid to find some of the best museums in the city (and the world). Located adjacent to the Prado Museum in Madrid’s “Golden Triangle of Art” you will find the Thyssen Bornesmisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Museum. The Thyssen Bornemisza was created from one of the world’s most important private art collections, and showcases a wide variety of art, from 13th-14th century Italian, German and Flemish religious paintings, to 20th century works that span from cubism to pop art. The Reina Sofia Museum is the national museum of 20th century art. It has an excellent collection of works by two Spanish masters – Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dalí, and is home to Picasso’s famous Guernica masterpiece.
On this 3 hour private tour you can select from either of these museums and enjoy a private tour with your own personal guide. You will be met at your hotel by your guide, and together you will travel to the museum. On your way to the museum your guide can provide you with a historical overview of Madrid. When you arrive at the museum you will bypass the general entry lines and enter through the special access entrance that is reserved for licensed guides. The tour of the museum takes about 90-120 minutes. The visit can be completely customized to focus on the type of art you are interested in.
2018 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
- US $345 – Monday through Friday (start time from 10:00am – 5:00pm)
- US $390 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 10:00am – 5:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 3 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- For groups of 7 or more people the museum requires that an advance reservation be made, along with pre-payment of entrance tickets
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved. Photo of the Thyssen Bornesmisza Museum.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.