Famed architect Antonio Gaudí left his indelible mark on Barcelona, and his iconic buildings immediately come to mind when you think of this beautiful city.
No visit to this city is complete without visiting one or more of his world-renowned buildings, including the Sagrada Familia Church, Casa Milà (also known as La Pedrera), Casa Batlló and Park Güell.
The Gaudí Architecture Tour is designed to give visitors the unique opportunity to discover the personality and masterpieces of Gaudí from a historical, cultural and artistic point of view. The 4 hour private tour can be customized to meet your specific interests.
The following is a suggested itinerary:
- Begin tour at the Sagrada Familia, Gaudí’s best known masterpiece. You will bypass the entrance line (see note below regarding entrance tickets) and tour the interior of the church with your guide. The visit takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete (2 hours if the towers are included).
- Take a taxi to Park Güell, one of his most imaginative projects.
- If your tour of Sagrada Familia included the towers, you will only have time to tour the Monumental Zone of the park.
- If your tour of Sagrada Familia did not include the towers, you should have enough time to tour the Monumental Zone of the park and the Gaudí House-Museum, where the artist spent the last 20 years of his life.
- Take a taxi to the Paseo de Gracia, where the Casa Battló and La Pedrera (Casa Milà) buildings are located (3 blocks away from each other), where the guide will provide an overview of the history of the buildings. The tour will end here and clients can visit the interior of the buildings on their own, using the audio-guide that is included with the entrance fee.
Interior visits to the Casa Battló, La Pedrera (Casa Milà), or any other Gaudí building can be substituted for the visit to the Park Güell, if preferred. Since the visit to the Sagrada Familia will take 1.5 – 2 hours, there is only time to see one other building on the inside with the guide.
Please note that both the Sagrada Familia and Park Güell require entrance tickets, and ticket sales are limited to a certain number of visitors per day. The tours do not include entrance tickets, so we highly recommend that you let us know if you want to visit either or both of these sites so that tickets can be purchased in advance.
For the Sagrada Familia visit there are 2 types of tickets offered: Church only, or Church and Towers. For more information on the types of tickets available for the Sagrada Familia, click here.
For more information on tickets for the Park Güell, click here.
2017 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
- US $350 – Monday through Friday – Daytime (start time from 8:00am to 5:45pm)
- US $415 – Monday through Friday – Evening (start time from 6:00pm to 8:00pm)
- US $415 – Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (start time from 8:00am to 8:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 4 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, Catalán, French, Italian and Portuguese
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved. Photo of Casa Batlló.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.