Prior to the 15th Century, Barcelona had a thriving Jewish community centered around the Call, or Jewish Quarter, which was the most important cultural center in Barcelona during medieval times.
The Jewish Legacy in Barcelona Tour will cover the areas associated with Jewish history in Barcelona, and includes a visit to the historic Major Synagogue which dates from 1391 and is claimed by some to be the oldest in Europe. For more information on the synagogue, click here.
The 4 hour private tour can be customized to meet your specific interests.
The suggested itinerary for the tour focuses on various aspects of Jewish heritage in Barcelona:
- Daily lives of Jews in medieval Barcelona in the Gothic Quarter – areas of interest: Plaza Nova, Carrer Bisbe, Plaza Sant Felip Neri, entrance to the Jewish area: Carrer de la Fruita, Marlet, Call, Banys Vells, etc.
- Role played by Jews in the history of the Crown of Aragón and its relationship with the Royal House – areas of interest: Palau Reial, the Plaza and the Palau del Lloctinent
- Role played by Jews in commerce in Barcelona – area of interest is La Ribera
2018 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
- US $375 – Monday through Friday – Daytime (start time from 8:00am to 5:45pm)
- US $445 – Monday through Friday – Evening (start time from 6:00pm to 8:00pm)
- US $445 – Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (start time from 8:00am to 8:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 4 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, Catalán, French, Italian and Portuguese
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo Credit: Call Association of Barcelona
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.