Coimbra’s historical roots date back to Roman times. It has played an important part in Portugal’s history over the centuries, and even served at the country’s first capital from 1131-1255. Coimbra is perhaps best known for its university, which is the oldest in the country, and one of the oldest universities in the world. The best way to discover and experience this historic city is to take a private walking tour of its city center.
During this 3 hour private walking tour you will learn about the city’s history, neighborhoods, and historic landmarks. Your journey will include exploring the historic campus of the University of Coimbra, which is perched on a hill in the city’s Alta (Upper) neighborhood. You will also explore the city’s Baixa (Lower) neighborhood, with its ancient churches, picturesque plazas, and commercial activity, including shops and restaurants. The tour can be customized to meet a client’s specific interests.
2017 Prices and other info:
|2-3 People||4-6 People||7 People|
|$ 175||$ 205||$ 230|
- Start time from 9:00am to 10:00am or 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide for 3 hours
- Price does not include entrance tickets or meals
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Portuguese law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French and Italian
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
- Price for larger groups is available on request
Note: Guide is not authorized to conduct tours inside of monuments or museums.
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.