Perched on a hilltop surrounded on three sides by the Rio Tajo (Tagus River), Toledo is a magnificent city that is a “must see” for visitors to Spain. It is easily reached from Madrid, either by car or by train, so it makes a perfect day trip to include in your itinerary.
Toledo is the capital of the province of Castilla-La Mancha, and once served as the capital of Spain, until the capital was moved to Madrid in the 16th C. With a long heritage dating back to Roman times, Toledo has been influenced by the Christians, Muslims and Jews, and is known as the “city of the three cultures.” Toledo is perhaps best known for inspiring some of the famous works of El Greco, and for its magnificent 15th C. Cathedral, which is considered one of the greatest Gothic structures in the world.
On this 5 hour private tour you will be met by your guide at your hotel in Madrid to begin your trip with private transportation to Toledo. The following is a suggested itinerary that can be customized to meet your specific interests:
- Get a panoramic view of Toledo from outside of its ancient city walls from a hilltop location that provides some of the best views of the city, and a great place to take pictures.
- Drive back to the city center to explore the historic Muslim, Jewish and Christian quarters on foot. Sites that can be visited include the Cathedral, Santa Maria la Blanca (the oldest synagogue building in Europe still standing), and the Iglesia de Santo Tomé, a small chapel in the Jewish Quarter that houses El Greco’s masterpiece, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz.
Since all of the historic sites in Toledo cannot be seen in a half day tour, your guide will customize the tour to include the sites that are of most interest to you.
2018 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-2 People in a Sedan
- US $965 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- US $1,020 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
Tour price for 3-6 People in a Minivan
- US $1,035 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- US $1,095 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide for 5 hours
- Price includes a private vehicle with driver for 5 hours in a Mercedes E Class Sedan or Mercedes Minivan.
- Price does not include entrance fees (if any), which are extra
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Spanish law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: Chensiyuan
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.