The city of Avila is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a good day trip during your stay in Madrid. Located about 1 hour and 15 minutes northwest of Madrid, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is encircled by the best preserved ancient walls in Spain, making it one of the most beautiful cities in Spain. The city is also well known for being the birthplace of St. Theresa, and for the historic role it has played in the development of the Spanish language.
On this 8 hour private tour you will be met by your guide at your hotel in Madrid to begin your trip with private transportation to Avila. A suggested itinerary includes visits to the following sites:
- La Muralla (11th C. wall)
- Catedral de San Salvador
- Convento de Santa Teresa
- Convento de San José
- Jewish Quarter
Your guide will customize the tour to include the sites that are of most interest to you. There will be time during the day to have lunch.
2018 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-2 People in a Sedan
- US $1,235 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- US $1,350 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
Tour price for 3-6 People in a Minivan
- US $1,310 – Monday through Friday (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- US $1,425 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 9:00-10:00am)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide for 8 hours
- Price includes a private vehicle with driver for 8 hours in a Mercedes E Class Sedan or Mercedes Minivan. Driver’s meal is included in the price.
- Price does not include meals or entrance fees (if any), which are extra
- There is a supplement required for the guide’s meal. Client can either invite the guide to lunch, or pay them 25 Euros during the tour.
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Spanish law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.