Madrid has long been known for its vibrant food scene. On any given evening you will see Madrileños enjoying a glass of wine, beer, or Vermouth, accompanied by a tapa at one of the many tapas bars found across the city. Going for tapas, or tapeo, is not just something to do, it’s a way of life in Madrid.
This 3 hour private tapas tour will introduce you to the gastronomic customs of Madrid. During your tapas tour you will learn about the history of Madrid, and sample some of the tapas that are featured at different places and are most representative of the local food culture. You can decide how many stops you make along the way and what you would like to try.
Your local guide will customize the tour route and tapas bars visited based on your food preferences and the areas that you would like to visit. If you are interested in the old part of Madrid, your route can focus on the area around the Plaza Mayor and include a stop at the popular Mercado San Miguel for some food/drink before heading off towards the Arco de Cuchilleros and the tapas bars around Cava Baja street in La Latina neighborhood. The area near the Plaza Santa Ana, stretching over towards the Cortes area and the streets including Las Huertas and Lope de Vega, is also very lively and well known for its popular tapas bars.
Another option is to focus on the more sophisticated cafes near the Plaza de Oriente near the Royal Palace, where you can visit the Botillería del Café del Oriente, a classic style European café next to the Teatro Real that serves tasty shrimp, try the salmorejo (cold tomato soup) at the nearby Tapas del Real, and sample Jamón Ibérico and Queso Manchego at the Posada de la Villa.
Whether you are a foodie or just enjoy good food, the tapas tour is a unique way to truly experience Madrid like a local. You will learn about the history and customs of the local Madrileños and Spain, while strolling through the beautiful city enjoying some delicious tapas and drinks along the way.
2017 Prices (for up to eight participants) and other info:
- US $320 – Monday through Friday (offered from 1:30pm – 4:30pm or 7:00pm – 10:00pm)
- US $399 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (offered from 1:30pm – 4:30pm or 7:00pm – 10:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 3 hours
- Price does not include the cost of any food or beverage, which is extra
- Price does not include transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.