Porto is a city that has long captured the hearts of visitors with its old world charm and cool modern vibe. There’s something about a city that sits alongside a river that gives it a vibrancy, and Porto certainly has that special something that is not only seen but also felt. As you walk the narrow, winding cobbled streets and admire the beautiful medieval buildings, it’s easy to see how author JK Rowling drew inspiration from the years she lived in Porto to create the magical world of Harry Potter.
A great way to discover and experience this enchanting city is to take a private walking tour of its historic city center, where you can explore its neighborhoods and landmarks with your guide. The 4 hour tour can be customized to meet your specific interests.
Some suggested sites to see include:
- Clérigos Tower
- Livraria Lello & Irmão
- Cândido dos Reis and Galeria de Paris Streets – popular area for shops, restaurants and nightlife
- Downtown Porto – with trendy cafes, book shops and boutiques
- Mercado do Bolhão
- São Bento Railway Station
- Majestic Cafe
- Palácio da Bolsa
2017 Prices (for up to eight participants) and other info:
- US $210 – Monday through Friday (start time at 9:00am or 2:00pm)
- US $230 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time at 9:00am or 2:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 4 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: Jose A.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.