There’s a reason why Spain’s Costa del Sol is often referred to as the Costa del Golf. With over 60 golf courses to choose from, including 4 of Europe’s top 10, there’s no wonder why the area is one of Europe’s top golf destinations. Couple this with a temperate year-round climate, over 300 days of sunshine, plus the backdrop of the shimmering Mediterranean, and it’s easy to see why this can be considered a golfer’s paradise.
Located 50 km. west of Málaga, the town of Marbella has long been considered the jewel of the Costa del Sol. There is a wide range of lodging options to choose from, world class restaurants and shops and sandy beaches, so everyone will find something to enjoy.
There are more than 20 golf courses in Marbella and about another dozen in the surrounding area, so golfers from beginners to pros will be able to find the courses that meet their skill level and preferences.
Here are just a few of the courses located in Marbella:
- Aloha Golf Club – designed by Javier Arana, this course is one of the best known. For more information, click here.
- Guadalmina Golf – established in 1959, there are two 18-hole courses and one 9-hole course. For more information, click here.
- La Quinta Golf – overlooks Marbella’s Golf Valley; designed by Antonio García Garrido and Manuel Piñero. For more information, click here.
- Los Naranjos Golf – designed by Robert Trent Jones; the front nine and back nine are quite different. For more information, click here.
- Marbella Golf & Country Club – designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. – players must step up their game here. For more information, click here.
- Real Club de Golf Las Brisas – designed by Robert Trent Jones, this course is a real challenge and is recognized as one of Europe’s best. For more information, click here.
- Cabopino Golf – designed by Juan José Ligues Creus, this course offers superb Mediterranean views. For more information, click here.
Please note that a number of courses require a handicap certification in order to play their course. In addition, many have strict dress and etiquette rules; make sure you check with the course ahead of time regarding these matters.
Photo Credit: Real Club de Golf Las Brisas – Marbella (Málaga)
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.