The city of Évora is the capital of the Upper Alentejo region. It has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visitors can get a glimpse of its rich and varied history in the city’s many monuments and churches.
The M’AR De AR Aqueduto is a 5-star hotel located in the heart of the historic city center. The hotel itself is historic, as it was built within the walls of the 16th C. Sepulveda Palace, which still retains the original chapel, dome ceiling, and a set of three Manueline windows from the palace.
Built alongside the traditional palace is a new wing that showcases contemporary-style architecture and design. The décor of the 64 guest rooms is stylish and elegant, with hardwood floors and neutral colors that are warm and relaxing. Rooms in the Superior category include either a patio or balcony, with views of the historic city center.
The M’AR De AR Aqueduto provides guests with a unique combination of old and new under one roof. It also offers all the modern amenities expected in a 5-star hotel, including a spa. Guests can relax on the hotel’s rooftop and enjoy the terrace and the pool while taking in the views of the 16th C. aqueduct nearby.
Located in the heart of the historic city of Évora, this 5-star hotel combines both the classic facade of the 16th C. Sepulveda Palace with the contemporary architecture and design of the new wing.
The charming town of Évora, with its medieval walls, many churches, and 16th C. aqueduct, has been designated a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
- Address: Rua Cândido dos Reis, 72
- Visit the Igreja de Nossa Senhora de Graça, Igreja de São João Evangelista, Igreja Real de São Francisco, Sé (Cathedral), Templo de Diana (1st-2nd C. temple), University of Évora
- Airport: Lisbon (130 km)
All rooms with private bath, air conditioning, direct dial telephone, Internet access, hair dryer, robes & slippers, remote-control satellite color TV (CNN Int’l), DVD & Play Station (on request), minibar, room safe
- 2 Elevators
- Wheelchair access to hotel
- Room Service (24 hours)
- Restaurant “Degust’AR” – Mediterranean Cuisine @Restaurant “Sushi Bar”
- Meeting Facilities to 170 ~ Audiovisual equipment
- Workstation with Internet access available in lobby (complimentary)
- Wi-Fi available in public areas
- Swimming Pool (outdoor)
- Fitness Center with Sauna
- Spa Center offering a variety of treatment programs and packages
- Reception (24 hours)
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning Service
- Bicycles (on request)
- 64 guest rooms (2 floors)
- Standard: A standard hotel room (3 guest maximum)
- Superior: Larger than a standard room with small patio (on ground floor) or balcony (on 1st floor) (3 guest maximum)
- Suite: A suite with a living room, separate bedroom, dressing area and large bathroom (3 guest maximum)
- Hotel offers some: Handicap room (Standard category only), Connecting rooms (Standard to Standard and Superior to Superior)
For more information, pricing and reservations, contact us – click here.