No visit to Madrid would be complete without a visit to the Prado Museum, which is considered one of the top museums in the world. With over 1,300 works of art on display and a collection of 8,600 paintings and over 700 sculptures, the Prado has one of the largest and most impressive collections in the world. It would take days to see the museum’s entire collection that is on display.
On this 3 hour private tour will be met at your hotel by your guide, and together you will travel to the museum. On your way to the museum your guide will begin to tell you about the history and background of the Prado. When you arrive at the museum you will bypass the general entry line and enter through the special access entrance that is reserved for licensed guides.
Your guide will ensure that you do not miss any of the most important works of art included in the museum, such as Las Meninas by Velázquez, The Nobleman with his Hand on his Chest by El Greco, or The Cardinal by Raphael, to name a few. The tour of the highlights of the museum takes about 90-120 minutes.
The visit can be completely customized to focus on the type of art you are interested in, whether it be by specific artist, school (e.g. Spanish, Flemish and Dutch, Italian, German, etc.), century, or type (e.g. painting, sculpture, print, etc.).
2019 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
- US $345 – Monday through Friday (start time from 10:00am – 5:00pm)
- US $390 – Saturday, Sunday and Holidays (start time from 10:00am – 5:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 3 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- For groups of 7 or more people the museum requires that an advance reservation be made, along with pre-payment of entrance tickets
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.