This next itinerary is similar to the previous one we published, An Introduction to the Treasures of Spain I, but it’s designed for travelers who have a little more time to spend exploring the many treasures that Spain has to offer visitors.
Similar to the first itinerary, this one will begin in Madrid and take you to the magnificent Andalusian cities of Seville, Córdoba and Granada, but it also includes a visit to Toledo, and will take you all the way to the southern coast of Spain, the Costa del Sol.
While on the Costa del Sol you’ll have a chance to explore the beautiful White Villages that dot the hillsides of Andalucía, and you’ll also have a chance to visit a British territory without having to cross water. Located on the southwestern coast of the Iberian Peninsula, Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory that is best known for the prominent rock that juts into the Strait of Gibraltar.
- Day 1: Arrive in Madrid in the morning; sightseeing in the afternoon
- Day 2: Sightseeing in Madrid
- Day 3: Visit Toledo (71km), sightseeing in Toledo; afternoon return to Madrid
- Day 4: Leave morning; Drive (400 km) or take the high-speed AVE train (2.5 hours) to Córdoba; sightseeing in Córdoba
- Day 5: Depart Córdoba for Seville (138 km); sightseeing in Seville
- Day 6: Drive to the Costa del Sol (Málaga 213 km or Marbella 267 km); sightseeing in the afternoon
- Day 7: Spend a day visiting the “White Villages” of Ronda, Grazalema, and Arcos de la Frontera
- Day 8: Morning spent in Gibraltar; afternoon visit to Mijas
- Day 9: Depart early for Granada (129 – 183 km); sightseeing in Granada
- Day 10: Morning sightseeing in Granada; in afternoon depart for Madrid (4 hour drive/train or 1 hour flight)
- Day 11: Depart Madrid to return home
Information on what to see, where to eat, and where to stay in these cities can be found on our website or on our blog. Simply search by city.
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.