Whether you are a local or a visitor, food plays an integral role in experiencing the essence of this vibrant city. Gastronomy shapes the culture, and this tour offers an itinerary that will allow you to discover Barcelona from another point of view.
The 4 hour private walking tour begins in the famous Boquería market, where one can admire the shapes and colors of the food and you can try some of the exotic fruits sold in this emblematic market. The Boquería is one of Europe’s oldest markets (its origins date back to 1217), and when you step inside you will find 270 stalls offering a huge variety of products, such as fish, seafood, meat, poultry, game, dry and fresh fruit and vegetables, olives, cheese, pastries, and sweets, to name a few.
From there you will wander around the Gothic Quarter admiring the most reputable gourmet shops. The sweet and salty itinerary ends in the Ribera Quarter next to the church of Santa Maria del Mar. The 4 hour private tour can be customized to meet your specific interests. This tour can be completed with a wine tasting session and a “pinchos” appetizer, or a “tapas tasting” experience can be incorporated into the tour so you can sample some of the distinctive sweet and savory dishes offered at various establishments.
2021 Prices (for up to 8 participants) and other info:
- US $375 – Monday through Friday – Daytime (start time from 8:00am to 5:45pm)
- US $445 – Monday through Friday – Evening (start time from 6:00pm to 8:00pm)
- US $445 – Saturday, Sunday & Holidays (start time from 8:00am to 8:00pm)
- Price is for up to the number of participants noted (and not per person)
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 4 hours
- Price does not include the cost of any food or beverage, which is extra
- Price does not include entrance fees and transportation costs (if any), which are extra
- Tours with more than 2 participants: If transportation is taken, multiple taxis will be needed
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, Catalán, French, Italian and Portuguese
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Photo credit: © Christopher Pappas · All rights reserved. Photo of La Boquería market.
For assistance with your travel plans, including hotel and private tour reservations, click here.