The city of Cádiz, founded by the Phoenicians over 3,000 years ago, is the oldest continuously inhabited city in Spain, and one of the oldest in Europe. Cádiz was the wealthiest port in Western Europe during the 18th C. and benefited from the extensive trade being done with the New World. There is a strong Moorish influence in the buildings and narrow cobbled streets of the Casco Antiguo (Old Town).
This 5 hour private tour includes a walking tour in the historic Old Town and will introduce you to the local gastronomy by touring a local market and enjoying a tapas lunch at a family-owned bar.
Your local guide will meet you at your hotel to begin your tour of Cádiz, starting in the Old Town. You will learn about the Phoenicians, who founded the city in the 11th C. BC, and explore some well preserved ruins. Next you will learn about the transformation of the city into a cosmopolitan colonial hub as trade with the Americas expanded in the 18th C., and you will visit some selected sites. The tour will also include a visit to a local market where you will have the opportunity to taste some local products at hand-picked stalls selected by your guide. Your tour will continue with a stop at a local tavern, where you can sample the famous fortified wines that traveled from Cádiz to America. The last stop on the tour is a local family-owned bar, where you will enjoy a tapas lunch that will be topped off with coffee and a sweet local specialty.
2020 Prices and other info:
- Tuesday through Saturday – start time from 9:30am – 10:30am
|1-2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people|
Prices available on request for larger groups
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide for 5 hours
- Price also includes tastings at the market and a local tavern, a tapas lunch with up to 4 tapas and 3 drinks per person, coffee and a sweet local specialty, and entrance tickets
- Price does not include other food or beverages (if any), which are extra
- Language available: English
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
For assistance with your travel plans, including hotel and private tour reservations, click here.