Estoi is a small village tucked inland about 5 miles from the coastal town of Faro. In 1840 a local nobleman began building a palace that would later be acquired and completed by José Francisco da Silva in 1909, the Viscount of Estoi.
The palace property includes 4 hectares of land, and its position on a hilltop provides sweeping views of the mountains of the Algarve, as well as the coastline down below. The Viscount used the highest quality artisans of the time to create the intricate details of the interior of the palace, as well as the beautifully landscaped Versailles-style gardens.
In 2009 the Palace of Estoi became part of the Pousadas of Portugal. The original palace remains, and sections of it and the gardens can be toured by visitors. Architect Gonçalo Byrne was engaged to create a new wing adjacent to the palace, which houses the guest rooms, health club and indoor heated pool with whirlpool, and overlooks the beautiful outdoor pool.
The Palace of Estoi’s 63 guest rooms are soothing and contemporary in style, and offer modern amenities. The Standard rooms are located on the lower levels and include a balcony; the Superior rooms are similar to the Standard room, but are located on the top floor of the new wing. The Suites are larger rooms that are located on the top floor, and offer a combined living room and bedroom area, as well as a large terrace.
Pousada de Estoi is the 19th C. palace of the Viscount of Estoi. The palace was built with a combination of neo-baroque and neo-rococo features, and boasts French-inspired gardens, decorated with many statues and trees. The rooms of the pousada have been added in a modern-style wing added adjacent to the original palace.
- Address: Rua São José
- Visit Faro (8 km) and the Capela d’Ossos (Chapel of Bones), Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Monte do Carmo do Faro (18th C. church), Sé (Cathedral), Municipal Museum of Faro, Maritime Museum
- Pousada de Tavira (30 km)
- Pousada de Santa Clara (117 km)
- Pousada de Sagres (150 km)
- Airport: 15 minutes by taxi (10 km – Faro)
All rooms with private bath, air conditioning, direct dial telephone, high-speed Internet access (WiFi), hair dryer, robes & slippers, remote-control satellite color TV, minibar, room safe.
- 2 Elevators
- Room Service (until 1:30am)
- Activities nearby: Beaches, Boat trips, Horseback riding, Angling
- Workstation with Internet access available in lobby (complimentary)
- Wi-Fi in lobby area
- Swimming Pool (indoor & outdoor with children’s pool)
- Spa and Fitness Center with Sauna, Steam
- Reception (24 hours)
- Laundry Service
- Parking onsite – outdoor and garage (complimentary)
- 63 guest rooms (4 floors)
- Standard: A standard hotel room with balcony (3 guest maximum)
- Superior: A standard room on the top floor with a terrace (3 guest maximum)
- Suite: A larger room on the top floor with a living room and bedroom area (not separated by a door); large terrace off living room and bedroom areas (3 guest maximum)
- Hotel offers some: Connecting rooms (Standard to Standard, and Superior to Superior), Handicap rooms, Non-smoking rooms
For more information, pricing and reservations, contact us – click here.