The Pousada Vila Óbidos is a traditional 18th C. house in the heart of this medieval village, just 200 meters (5 minute walk) down the hill from the Castelo de Óbidos. The building previously served as the village hospital and recently underwent a total renovation to convert it to a cozy hotel with just 17 rooms. Guests can now enjoy the intimate ambiance of staying in a charming whitewashed house with an interior courtyard in the heart of the village.
Guests of the Pousada Vila Óbidos check-in at the nearby Castelo de Óbidos, and can use the Reception services and Restaurant located in the Castle. The Reception of the Pousada Vila Óbidos is staffed from 7:30am to 4:30pm daily. Breakfast is served daily in a lovely glass walled room overlooking the interior courtyard, and a complimentary selection of tea, coffee and snacks is available for guests to enjoy throughout the day.
- Address: Largo Dr. João Lourenço
- Visit the 12th C. Castle, Porta da Vila, Praça de Santa Maria, Igreja de Santa Maria, Museo Municipal
- Pousada de Ourem (82 km)
- Pousada de Condeixa-a-Nova (123 km)
- Pousada de Crato (188 km)
- Airport: 50 minutes – 1 hour by taxi (80 km – Lisbon)
All rooms with private bath, air conditioning, direct dial telephone, WiFi, hair dryer, flat panel TV, minibar, room safe
- No Elevator
- Breakfast room
- Reception (limited hour Reception onsite / 24 hour Reception at the Castle)
- Parking (complimentary)
- 17 guest rooms (3 floors)
- Classic: Room with a King or Twin beds; approx. 15 m2 (2 guest maximum)
- Superior: Room with a King or Twin beds; approx. 18 m2 (2 guest maximum)
- Premium: Spacious room with a King or Twin beds; approx. 20 m2 (2 guest maximum)
- All rooms have a shower only (no bathtub)
Driving info: New traffic patterns were implemented in Óbidos to deter people who are not hotel guests from driving up to the castle. GPS apps (e.g. Google Maps) do not provide correct directions to the castle. Directions will be provided to clients who make a reservation at the Pousada. Vehicles larger than a standard size car (e.g. minivans or larger) will not be able to pass through the narrow streets in the village.
For more information, pricing and reservations, contact us – click here.