Jerez de la Frontera, or Jerez for short, is perhaps best known for the fortified wine (sherry) that takes its name from the city. It is a traditional Andalusian city that dates back to Moorish times. Much of the charm and aristocratic air of the city can still be seen and felt today in the Casco Antiguo (Old Town), the wide streets, and tree-lined squares.
This 5 hour private tour focuses on the food and wines of Jerez, and will introduce you to the history and character of the Sherry capital through the lens of its local bars, market stalls, ancient bodegas and secret food corners.
Your local guide will meet you at your hotel to begin your foodie tour of Jerez. You will begin with a typical Andalusian breakfast to learn about the social ritual of the first meal of the day for the locals. Next you will move on to a local market to sample some selected local treats and find out how the produce influences the local cuisine. From there you will move on to a sherry bodega to learn about how sherry is made, the aging process and the different types of sherries produced. The tour will include tastings of different types of sherry and you will also learn about how to pair food with sherry. The last stop on your tour will be a local sherry bar, where you will enjoy a tapas lunch that will include a sherry pairing.
2021 Prices and other info:
- Tuesday through Saturday – start time at 9:30am
|1-2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people|
Prices available on request for larger groups
- Price includes a tour with a licensed driver and transportation for 8 hours, and an official licensed guide in Jerez for 5 hours
- Price also includes a typical Andalusian breakfast, tastings in a local market, a private visit to a sherry bodega with a tasting of selected sherries, and a tapas lunch with up to 5 tapas and 5 sherries per person
- Price does not include entrance fees, other food or beverages (if any), which are paid by the client during the tour
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Spanish law
- Language available: English
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Photo credit: AntonioJACS / Mercado Central de Abastos
For assistance with your travel plans, including hotel and private tour reservations, click here.