The Pousada Vila Óbidos – Casa Lidador is a new concept within the Pousadas Hotel Group that has the atmosphere of a Bed & Breakfast. The 11 rooms in this restored traditional village house are furnished in a rustic decor and provide guests with a cozy and inviting ambiance. Guests can also enjoy the only outdoor swimming pool in the village of Óbidos, a unique feature that is especially appreciated during the hot summer months.
Casa Lidador is a fully self-catering property with shared common areas that are available for all guests to use, including a living room, dining room and fully equipped kitchen. The building is accessed via an intercom system and once inside guests complete a self check-in process to access their room key, which is stored in individual safes in the living room area. Assistance is provided to guests via phone by the Reception staff at the Pousada Castelo Óbidos located just 200 meters away (2 minute walk up the hill). Guests of Casa Lidador can also use the Reception services and Restaurant located in the Castle.
- Address: R. de Dom Antão Moniz
- Visit the 12th C. Castle, Porta da Vila, Praça de Santa Maria, Igreja de Santa Maria, Museo Municipal
- Pousada de Ourem (82 km)
- Pousada de Condeixa-a-Nova (123 km)
- Pousada de Crato (188 km)
- Airport: 50 minutes – 1 hour by taxi (80 km – Lisbon)
All rooms with private bath, air conditioning, direct dial telephone, WiFi, hair dryer, flat panel TV, minibar, room safe
- No Elevator
- Self-catering/No staff onsite (assistance provided by Reception at the Castle)
- Communal living room and dining room
- Fully equipped communal kitchen (sink, refrigerator, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster, microwave)
- 11 guest rooms (3 floors)
- Superior: Room with a King or Twin beds with village, side or pool view; approx. 18 m2 (2 guest maximum)
- Family: Room with a King or Twin beds, sofabed and a balcony, with side or pool view; approx. 23 m2 (3 guest maximum; 2 adults + 1 child)
- Suite: Spacious room with a living room with a sofabed, separate bedroom with a King or Twin beds, with views of the village; approx. 31 m2 (4 guest maximum; 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children)
- All rooms have a shower only (no bathtub)
- Note: Large suitcases are not recommended, as the building can only be accessed on foot, guests must carry luggage up/down stairs, and storage space for suitcases in the rooms is limited
Photo Gallery – Coming Soon:
Driving info: New traffic patterns were implemented in Óbidos to deter people who are not hotel guests from driving up to the castle. GPS apps (e.g. Google Maps) do not provide correct directions to the castle. Directions will be provided to clients who make a reservation at the Pousada. Vehicles larger than a standard size car (e.g. minivans or larger) will not be able to pass through the narrow streets in the village. Guests staying at the Casa Lidador will have to park their car at the castle.
For more information, pricing and reservations, contact us – click here.