Less than an hour away from Lisbon is an area that includes a 110 square kilometer national park, some of the country’s best beaches, a charming fishing village, a 12th C. Moorish castle, and a wine producing area believed to be home to the first vines ever planted on the Iberian Peninsula over 4,000 years ago.
It’s a perfect place to take a day trip outside of Lisbon to discover some of the places that are well known to locals for the natural beauty of the region and the cultural and historical places of interest.
Your guide/driver will pick you up at your hotel to begin your 8 hour private tour. During the day there will be time to stop for lunch. The private tour can be customized to meet your specific interests.
Your tour can include the following stops/visits:
- Visit the charming fishing village of Sesimbra, with its wide sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, and the 12th C. Sesimbra castle that sits on a hilltop
- In the pretty village of Azeitão, known for its olives, creamy sheep’s milk cheese, and the region’s renowned Moscatel wine, visit the wine cellar of José Maria da Fonseca to sample and learn more about the region’s best wines
- Driving towards Setúbal through the Arrábida Natural Park you will pass by Protinho da Arrábida, a former tiny fishing village that is picturesque and known for having some of the most stunning beaches in Portugal.
- Stop for lunch in Setúbal and enjoy the magnificent views of the Tróia Peninsula, before heading back to Lisbon.
2019 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-3 People in a Sedan
- US $370 – Daily (start time from 9:30am to 3:00pm)
Tour price for 4-7 People in a Minivan
- US $540 – Daily (start time from 9:30am to 3:00pm)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide/driver with transportation for 8 hours
- Price does not include meals or entrance fees (if any), which are extra
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Portuguese law
- Common languages available: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Note: Guide/driver is not authorized to conduct tours inside of monuments or museums.
For more information and reservations, contact us.
Photo credit: François Philipp
As usual, thanks for reading. Please visit International Lodging Corporation at our home page.