The conversion of this historic building to a 5-star hotel included a full restoration of the architectural features of the original building. The hotel has the intimate feeling of a boutique hotel. The cozy interior patio located on the 3rd floor is a peaceful oasis where guests can unwind after a long day.
The name of the new hotel, inaugurated in March 2018, pays homage to one of Porto’s most iconic cafes – A Brasileira Cafe – which is back in its original layout in the historic building. The Cafe was known for serving the best coffee in Porto in the early 1900s. In addition to A Brasileira Cafe, the hotel also has a restaurant that offers traditional Portuguese cuisine from the highly acclaimed chef Rui Martins.
The decor and artwork displayed throughout the hotel is a nod to the legacy of the A Brasileira Cafe. Each of the floors of the hotel is decorated according to various themes: coffee, tea, cinnamon, anise, pink pepper and chocolate, and those themes are carried through in the design of the rooms.
Each room is equipped with a smart phone that guests can take with them during their stay in Porto to help them get around. The phone is loaded with local info, including what to see/do, maps and restaurant suggestions, and guests can use the phone to make free local and international phone calls (subject to a 30 minute maximum per day).
- Address: R. de Sá da Bandeira, 91
- Across from the Teatro Sá da Bandeira
- 5-7 minute walk to the São Bento train station, Clérigos Tower, Praça da Liberdade, Livraria Lello and Café Majestic
- 10-12 minute walk to Ribeira Square and the Douro River
- Bus Station: 3 blocks away
- Train Station: 5 minute walk (São Bento)
- Airport: 15 minutes by taxi (17 km)
All rooms with private bath, air conditioning, individual temperature control, direct dial telephone, Wi-Fi (complimentary), USB port, hair dryer, flat panel TV, minibar, room safe, smart phone with local info and free phone calls
- 2 Elevators
- Room Service (24 hours)
- Restaurant A Brasileira
- A Brasileira Café
- Fitness Center
- Reception (24 hours)
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning Service
- Parking nearby (at public garage, extra charge)
- 89 guest rooms (6 floors)
- Deluxe: Room with a Queen bed and views of the interior patio, bathroom with a shower; approx. 19 to 25 m2 (2 guest maximum)
- Superior Deluxe: Room with a King, Queen or Twin beds and views of either the street or interior patio, bathroom with a shower or bathtub; approx. 23-28 m2 (3 guest maximum)
- Executive Deluxe: Large room with a King, Queen or Twin beds and partial city view, bathroom with a shower; approx. 27-31 m2 (3 guest maximum)
- Superior Grand View Deluxe: Large room with a King, Queen or Twin beds and views of the surrounding buildings, bathroom with a shower or bathtub; approx. 23-31 m2 (3 guest maximum)
- Executive Grand View Deluxe: Large room with a King, Queen or Twin beds located on the top floors, with panoramic views of the surrounding buildings, bathroom with a shower or bathtub; approx. 23-27 m2 (3 guest maximum)
- Master Suite: Largest room with a Queen bed and views to the Rua Sá da Bandeira, bathroom with a shower; approx. 37 m2 (4 guest maximum) – only 4 of this type
- Hotel offers 1 Handicap room, 1 pair of Connecting rooms (Superior Grand View Deluxe to Executive Grand View Deluxe – rooms are located next to each other and have a 3rd outside door that can be closed to create a small foyer that connects the rooms; room doors must be propped to stay open)
For more information, pricing and reservations, contact us – click here.