Located about 1 hour south of Porto, the town of Aveiro is one of Portugal’s hidden gems. Known as the Venice of Portugal, Aveiro’s charming canals, picturesque wooden houses, and tranquil seaside location make it a perfect place to visit as a day trip.
Aveiro was established in Roman times, and it served as an important seaport until the end of the 16th C. when a storm closed off the port. The old town center is crossed by a network of canals that is reminiscent of Venice, down to the gondola-like boats. The picturesque wooden houses that were once used by fisherman are painted in bright colors and candy-striped, so be sure to have your phone or camera fully charged for the photo ops.
On this 4 hour private tour you will have a chance to explore the main sites in this charming city. Your guide/driver will pick you up at your hotel to begin your private tour. Your guide will customize the tour to include the sites that are of most interest to you.
A suggested itinerary could include:
- Panoramic tour of Aveiro’s historic city center
- Train station – historic building with beautiful blue azulejo (tile) exterior
- River canals
- Salt springs
- Costa Nova – neighborhood with colorful striped houses
2022 Prices and other info:
Tour price for 1-3 People in a Sedan
- US $375 – Daily (start time at 9:00am or 2:30pm)
Tour price for 4-7 People in a Minivan
- US $430 – Daily (start time at 9:00am or 2:30pm)
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide/driver with transportation for 4 hours
- Price does not include entrance fees (if any), which are extra
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Portuguese law
- Common languages available: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Note: Guide/driver is not authorized to conduct tours inside of monuments or museums.
Photo credit: Kondephy
For assistance with your travel plans, including hotel and private tour reservations, click here.