Ronda is one of the most beautiful and historic of the white villages that can be found in southern Spain. It is located about 1 hour and 45 minutes south of Seville and is a perfect place to explore cultural sites and the beauty of this mountainous area located 750 meters (2,460 ft.) above sea level. Wine making began in the area in the 1980s and today there are over 20 wineries producing Rosé, Red, White and Sweet wines in the Serranía de Ronda wine region.
This 9 hour private tour gives you an opportunity to visit a local Serranía de Ronda winery and learn about the history of Ronda on a walking tour through the Old Town.
You will be picked up at your hotel at 9:00am to begin your private tour with a local guide who will accompany you throughout the day. On the drive to the Serranía de Ronda wine region your guide will share with you information about the history of wine making in the region, the wine makers and their approach. You will visit one of the wineries that was a pioneer in this region, and your tour will include a visit to the vineyards followed by a wine tasting that will be accompanied by a selection of tapas.
The tour will then move on to Ronda, where your guide will take you on a tapas tour of the historic town center, with stops at 2 local favorite bars to enjoy a tapas-style lunch. After lunch you will continue on a walking tour of the Old Town that will feature two of Ronda’s best known monuments, the New Bridge that spans the gorge and the Plaza de Toros bullring that is one of the oldest in Spain. During your walk you will have a chance to stop and try one of the local sweets before meeting up with your driver for the ride back to Seville.
2022 Prices and other info:
- Daily – start time at 9:00am
|1-2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people|
Prices available on request for larger groups
- Price includes a tour with an official licensed guide, a driver and transportation for 9 hours
- Ronda: Price includes entrance tickets to the bullring, a tapas lunch that includes up to 3 drinks per person and 4-6 dishes to share, and a local sweet
- Winery: Price includes a private visit to a winery, with a tour and wine tasting accompanied by a selection of tapas
- Price does not include other entrance fees, food or beverage (if any)
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Spanish law
- Language available: English
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Photo credit: TheBoxagon
For assistance with your travel plans, including hotel and private tour reservations, click here.