Take a break from your stay in Lisbon to explore the historic town of Sintra, the charming town of Cascais and stop at the westernmost point of Europe on this 8 hour private tour. The centerpiece of Sintra is the Palácio Nacional de Pena, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The colorful palace is perched high on a hilltop overlooking the city and is considered one of the Seven Wonders of Portugal. Located on the Portuguese Riviera, Cascais was a tiny fishing village that has grown into an elegant and cosmopolitan town that attracts many visitors with its sandy beaches, pedestrian streets and trendy boutiques.
You will be picked up at your hotel at 8:15am to begin your private tour. On the 40 minute drive to Sintra you will learn about the history behind the magic of Sintra. You will drive through the forested grounds of the park that surrounds the palace, and can stop to enjoy a walk through the Pena Park (optional), before continuing on to visit the palace at the top of the hill. After completing your guided tour through the palace, you will head back down the hill to the center of town. Here you will have some time to explore the narrow cobblestone streets of the Old Town on your own, shop for traditional Portuguese products, and stop at local pastry shops so you can try the delicious queijadas and travesseiros pastries that Sintra is well known for. Your tour will continue on to the westernmost point of Europe, the Cabo da Roca (Cape of Roca), and then pass the beautiful Guincho Beach on the way to Cascais. In Cascais you will have a chance to stroll around the charming bay of Cascais on your own, and have free time to enjoy lunch. Afterwards your tour will continue with a drive along the coast, passing by the town of Estoril on your way back to Lisbon.
2022 Prices and other info:
- Daily – start time at 8:15am
- Prices for tours with Adults; Request prices for tours that include Children under 18
Tour price for 1-3 People in a Sedan
|1-2 people||3 people|
Tour price for 4-7 People in a Minivan
|4 people||5 people||6 people||7 people|
Prices available on request for 8-9 people
- Price includes a tour with a licensed guide/driver, entrance tickets to the Pena Palace, and transportation for 8 hours
- Price does not include the cost for lunch, which is paid by the client during the tour
- Guide/driver will accompany clients inside of the Pena Palace and to the cross at the Cabo da Roca; clients will explore the Old Town in Sintra and Cascais on their own
- Separate guide can be added to accompany clients throughout the entire tour, including the walks through the Old Town in Sintra and Cascais; it is mandatory in August
- Vehicles are insured, as required by Portuguese law
- Language available: English
- Gratuities are not included and are at the discretion of the client
- Prices are subject to change
Photo credit: Singa Hitam / Photo of Pena Palace
For assistance with your travel plans, including hotel and private tour reservations, click here.